HERMANUS WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 18 YEARS SATURDAY 6th to MONDAY 8th AUGUST 2016
Become inspired this year by taking your inner wine guru on a journey to one of South Africa’s most prestigious wine and food festivals. We dare you not to salivate.
The 19th Hermanus Wine and Food Festival will showcase one of the strongest line-ups of premium wines from the Elgin to Elim region.
Year after year the Hermanus Wine and Food Festival is voted one of South Africa’s Top 10 Wine Festivals.
Entrance to the festival arena is R50.00 per person with children under 12 free. This includes safe parking.
Entrance to the Hermanus Wine Hall will be R100.00 per person the will include your tasting glass and a comprehensive wine festival catalogue.
Wine Tasting Hall:
- The Hermanus Wine & Food Festival brings together more than 50 premium wines producers. These expressive wines boast as some of the most electrifying and unique in the world.
- Wine producers will offer inspiring tastings on some of the most elegant wines in the South African wine industry.
- This year’s line-up boasts more than 250 wines, enabling visitors to discover some of the world’s most renowned wines. There is no better way to experience the soul of a region than through its passionate people and the wines they make.
- Producers joining us this year are Hamilton Russell Vineyards, Beaumont Family Wines, Bouchard Finlayson, Creation, Lomond, Newton Johnson Family Vineyard, Sumaridge, The Giant Periwinkle, Raka, Boschendal Elgin, Strandveld, Hornbill House, Paul Cluver, Springfontein and Domaine Des Deux wineries to name but a few.
- And Wine Village Hermanus will offer all the festival wines at cellar door prices. A great way to replenish your home cellar.
Food & Entertainment Marquee:
- Whether you’ll be tempting your taste buds with wine while listening to a live music performance or indulging in the delectable foods, there’ll be something to tame even the most ravenous of appetites.
- The Hermanus Wine & Food Festival showcases one of the most sought-after gourmet Food Marquees with a lip-smacking range of delicious food and deli products. With local gourmet restaurants and snackaroos, the food stalls will be serving a vast variety of yummy delights with savoury eats to eclectic foods. You are sure to find something to make you smile.
- Whether you’re looking for a sit-down meal, a quick sandwich, or a scrumptious dessert to round off the day, there is room enough to lounge so you can spread out and enjoy the fun.
- 10 Brew masters will present more than 30 handcrafted beer and ciders.
- Superstars like Darling Beer, Napier Brew, Jack Black, CBC, Boston Breweries, Cluver & Jack Cider, Striped Horse, Breederivier Breweries and many more will be on tasting and to be enjoyed in the Festival Lounge.
- There will be the first ever Gin-avaria pub for gin lovers to taste some of South Africa’s most innovative and exotic gins. Meet the micro-distillers, experience the passion with which gin is produced and enjoy the flashy cocktails they make.
- Having quickly become cool, seductive and trendy, this hip and very cheeky beverage will be one of the star attractions in 2016.
- Wine Village Hermanus will have an on-site shop where you can either order to take home, or order to have delivered, any of your favourite wines tasted at the festival.
- Enjoy and relax in the Hermanus Wine Festival Lounge to the funky and fun performance of some our great local musicians. The Professors, Botrivier Marimba Band and an array of other musical geniuses will be on stage.
- A dedicated team will entertain children at our Kiddies Corner with a jumping castle and various other games and fun.
- Let the children also enjoy some time out with Mon and Dad with great fun.
Proudly presented by:
Wine Village – Hermanus. The most comprehensive selection South African wines under one roof.
- The Wine Village Hermanus is situated at the entrance to the Hemel en Aarde Valley, which is known for its magnificent scenery, the beauty of the Babilonstoring and Kleinrivier Mountains and its remarkable wines. It is here that the Wine Village Hermanus opened its doors almost two decades ago.
- Wine Village Hermanus is renowned for its dedicated staff, free daily wine tastings seven days a week.
- Join them at the Hermanus Wine and Food Festival on Saturday 6th to Monday 8th August 2016.
- The Wine Village Hermanus team is at hand before, during and after the Festival to answer any questions you may have.
- All the wines will be available for purchase at cellar door prices. This is a unique opportunity to extend your wine collection.
- The Wine Village Hermanus delivers door to door across South Africa and the globe.
Call the Wine Village Hermanus direct with any questions or visit www.winevillage.co.za
Follow us on twitter: @winevillage #WINEFEST2016 #HWFF #LOCALISLEKKER
For more information or stall enquiries contact Ulla at email@example.com
Hermanus Wine Festival designated Transfer company
PLEASE DO NOT DRINK and DRIVE – 072-062-8500
Not only is it ILLEGAL, but it is also highly IRRESPONSIBLE.
PAUL, CATHY, the Hermanus Wine and Food Fair team and ALL the Exhibitors wish you to have a fantastic time and to totally enjoy yourselves this weekend, while acting with a social consciousness.
If YOU require TRANSFERS TO and FROM the event, then please ask any member of the Festival staff or please contact Percy Tours
Tel: 072 062 8500
Hermanus Wine and Food Festival will be on – 6th, 7th and 8th August, 2016
HAVE AN INCREDIBLE WINE and FOOD FESTIVAL and PLEASE ARRIVE ALIVE!
To or from ANY HERMANUS SUBURB –
R50 per person one-way / R100 per person return – Day or Night
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUPS OF 4 OR MORE PERSONS
Percy Tours – Hermanus Wine Tours
Tel: +27 (0)72-062-8500
Registered Cape Wine Tour Guides with the Cape Wine Academy.